Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Contractions at 16 weeks


I woke up this morning and everything was going well. I went to the kitchen to prepare my 5 year old his breakfast and what do you happens???!!! I started cramping, like a contraction. It literally stop me in my tracks, and I had to take a couple of deep breathes. I thought it could of been gas til it happened again, and again, and again. I was really scared at that point. They were about 10-15 minutes apart and then they stopped. So, I was a little relieved until it happened again an hour later. Then I called my midwife who then informed me that it could been Braxton Hicks contractions which surprised me. She mentioned that I really should drink plenty of water to keep from dehydrating. I did not know you could have contractions so early. Has anyone experienced the same so early? Please share..

No comments: